Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Today in Constitutional Law, we talked about abortion. In Local Government Law we talked about suburban sprawl and the decline of central cities. In Bankruptcy we talked about mass tort cases like asbestos and breast implants, and how bankruptcy law can change the normal rules.

I know I'm usually pretty cynical about this law school stuff, but all three of those classes were awfully fascinating. Possibly more than any day yet at law school -- these were the kinds of classes people imagine having at law school before they get here. Real issues, issues that people have real feelings about, and how the law shapes them and the policies behind them and learning to look at them with some kind of framework and intelligence.

Good stuff. If every class was half as compelling as any one of today's three, I'd have considerably less to write about.