Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, December 21, 2003

The 1L Course Primer, Part 4 of 6. 100 Words About... CRIMINAL LAW

OJ Simpson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Pee Wee Herman -- we don't know their names because of their disputes about Property Law. Criminal Law is special because if you do bad stuff regarding contracts or property law, you just pay money. But in criminal law, you go to jail. And jail, from all I've heard, is not a fun place to be. In my criminal law class, we spent gobs of time talking about murder and rape, and no time at all on arson. Which I suppose is good, since I can't remember the last time there was an arsonist on CourtTV.