Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, December 22, 2003

The 1L Course Primer, Part 5 of 6. 100 Words About... CIVIL PROCEDURE

Oh, man. Civil Procedure is the least accessible 1L class you'll take. Because we all have some idea of what a crime is, and what a contract is, but none of us (at least not me) has any clue that there are rules about what court you can sue someone in, and they depend on where you're from, and where he's from, and whether the case is about your car that rolled down a mountain from Vermont into New Hampshire. Or the other way around. Civ Pro is about court rules. I'm not selling it very well here, am I?