Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, December 26, 2003

All of the movies I've seen this year (I'm going by release dates -- probably a couple of movies released at the end of 2002 I saw in 2003), and the order which I'd rank them. There is no reason for this post, but just in case you're curious. I didn't think I'd seen this many until I made the list, although I guess 18 movies in a year really isn't a crazy amount, especially since I think I saw 5 movies in 2 weeks at one point this summer. I generally try to only go to movies I think I'll like (so my choices probably say as much about me as my rankings), but I would say I only liked the top 11 of the 18, and #10 and #11 are borderline.

1. Spellbound
2. Shattered Glass
3. Bend It Like Beckham
4. Elf
5. School of Rock
6. A Mighty Wind
7. American Wedding
8. Camp
9. Johnny English
10. Seabiscuit
11. Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star
12. American Splendor
13. Bruce Almighty
14. Intolerable Cruelty
15. Thirteen
16. Legally Blonde 2
17. Better Luck Tomorrow
18. The Matrix Revolutions

Heck, just because I'm curious how many movies I saw last year, while I'm at it, this would be my list for movies released in 2002:

1. Antwone Fisher
2. About a Boy
3. The Emperor's Club
4. Moonlight Mile
5. Spider-Man
6. The Rookie
7. Undercover Brother
8. Bowling for Columbine
9. Mr. Deeds
10. Hollywood Ending
11. John Q
12. 40 Days and 40 Nights
13. Kissing Jessica Stein
14. Sweet Home Alabama
15. About Schmidt
16. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
17. The Good Girl
18. Two Weeks Notice
19. Orange County
20. Tadpole
21. Igby Goes Down
22. Roger Dodger
23. Chicago

I'd draw my Like/Didn't Like line right below #16 I guess, although #13-#16 could probably just as easily be on the other side of the line.