Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, December 22, 2003

Ten Ways Law School Is Probably Different In France

1. No classes between 11:30 and 2:30; mandatory 3-hour lunch; and the cafeteria food is really good
2. People don't line up to register, they just all sort of gather and push their way toward the front of the line
3. Instead of Torts they take Tortes
4. Boulangerie -- Law School -- Patisserie
5. Everyone wears a scarf to class
6. Instead of pizza at their meetings, student organizations serve crepes
7. Bri-Bar, Nexis Lexis, and LestWaw!
8. There are garbage cans but everyone just throws his trash on the ground (I'm beating this dead horse, I'm sorry)
9. The law school is next door to an art museum (everything here is next door to an art museum)
10. All of the classes are conducted in French