Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

More kindness from above:

Dear Students:

We'd like to let you know that the [student center] will once again be open for late-night studying during exam time.... A security guard will be in the building each night, and fruit, doughnuts, and coffee will be available.

Good luck on your exams.
The exams the e-mail is referring to are the "winter term" exams. I' ve mentioned winter term before -- for the past 3 weeks we've all had one class, meeting every weekday for 3 hours (some classes have had slightly different schedules -- 5 hours a day for 2 weeks, 6 hours a day for 3 weeks but no exam, etc etc). And on Monday, the classes that have exams have the exams (some of the classes have papers; some have other exam-substitution things like in-class exercises). So my exam is on Monday.

And just to boringly follow up on some posts from the last few days, for anyone who's stalking me: (1) I got my grades in the mail just a few minutes ago. They seem to have upgraded to a thicker envelope. I actually had to turn my light on before I could see right through it this time. (2) My Outlook Express problem turned out to be that my IP address was on a blocked list, who knows how or why, so that's fixed. (3) The guy who sent me a "personal" e-mail saying I might want to promote his book on my weblog last week never wrote back, so I'm assuming it was spam, and you don't get to find out what the book was (unless you're really curious and ask me).