Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Today is share-my-email day. From a 1L friend of mine who just finished exams (and of course I wouldn't be quoting from the e-mail if it wasn't so generic as to make identification both impossible and unnecessarily silly, since there's nothing here of any real consequence):

I've turned in my final final exam. It's almost an indescribable feeling.


As I responded to him, I must just be weird. It seems like everyone always feels this way. Like it's such a relief to be done, and life is wonderful again now that we're past these awful, horrible, flesh-eating-bacteria-like exams. I don't ever get that feeling. I get a perfectly describable feeling of mild pleasure that exams are over, and now I don't have to worry about them and I can sell my books back and go get something to eat and worry about some other stuff instead. I just never get all that excited about it. They're just exams, there'll be more in a few months, and once school is done, there'll be deadlines and responsibilities and stuff that's pretty similar to exams in the grand scheme of things. I mean, sure, it's nice that they're done, and I can start thinking about other stuff, but life is still pretty much the same. I just don't get the big deal. But, like I said, I must just be weird.