Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, January 30, 2004

Waddling Thunder has an interesting post about the drudgery of work, where he quotes someone who quoted someone who said "the test of a vocation is love of drudgery it involves." That's a cool quote. I'd never really thought about it that way, but it makes good sense. I mean, I'll spend forty-five minutes plugging names into an anagram generator just to find the funniest one to use in a blog post (not that writing this thing is a vocation, but I'm trying to make a point here, so bear with me) much more eagerly than I used to have to spend forty-five minutes checking out competitor web sites when I worked in marketing for a software company before this whole law school thing. Not that I wouldn't do it, but I would do it while rolling my eyes. And there's not a real difference in the drudgeryness of the two tasks, I don't think. The moral of this: if you like researching case law, come to law school. No, that's not the moral of this. The moral is just that it's a cool quote to think about and toss around in my head for a few minutes, before I return to whatever it is I was doing before I read Waddling Thunder's post. I think it was laundry.