Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, February 09, 2004

This afternoon, I went to my first session of a class that I picked up after one of my classes turned out to not be exactly what I was looking for. And was really impressed. Not necessarily because the professor used this cool outline mapping program that made it really easy to tell where we were, what we were talking about, and how it fit into the larger picture, although that was fine. More because he was actually alive and engaged, and engaged the class, and I felt more interested than I usually do sitting in class. There are other professors here who are also good, and a handful that are quite excellent, and I've had a few of them. But there are enough that are just OK that I forget sometimes how much of a difference it makes, and how much more enjoyable -- instead of just tolerable -- class can be with the right professor. I know I'm cynical sometimes about all this law school stuff. But good class today. I'm pleasantly surprised, and impressed, and happy with my choice. And the casebook's not bad either.