Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, March 14, 2004

The lobby of my building offered free refrigerator magnets tonight, advertising "Yellow Cleaning Services." Who in the world decided that was a good name for a cleaning service?? When I think of things that are yellow, I don't think of clean things. I suppose it's better than "Brown Cleaning Services" -- or, perhaps the worst of the possibilities, "Brown and Yellow Cleaning Services" (or "Yellow and Brown Cleaning Services), but what about "Sparkling White Cleaning Services," or "Disinfected Cleaning Services," "Fresh Smell Cleaning Services," "Brighter Day Cleaning Services," or, if they really want people's attention, "Naked Lady Cleaning Services," "Money Back Guaranteed Cleaning Services," or, in the tradition of e-mail spam, "Enlarge Your [whatever] Cleaning Services."