Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

There's an inane brochure over by Career Services called "Finding the Right Job Using Westlaw"

From the introduction: "We assume that you have completed basic Westlaw training and that you know basic search techniques such as how to sign on to Westlaw, access a database, and formulate a search. To simplify the text, the names of items you click... appear in bold type. Database identifiers appear in uppercase type."

I'm confused. I understand what bold type means because they bolded it. But what in the world does "uppercase" mean?? I'm so confused. Help me, Westlaw. I'm only a law student!

The guide is 23 pages of complete nonsense about how in order to search for attorneys in Texas, you must type Texas in box marked "state search." Thanks.

This is a silly waste of paper.