Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, April 04, 2004

Heidi has a thoughtful post about being unable to force yourself to work all the time and needing to just let things happen as they will, when you're ready to do them. I think she articulates it all very nicely. I'm tempted to add my own thoughts, since this is my weblog and everything, but I don't think I really have anything all that profound to add. I think we all struggle with the balance between forcing ourselves to do stuff that isn't fun but we have to get it done versus trusting that we'll get it done without forcing ourselves. And despite the track record -- I'm guessing most people in law school generally get stuff done that they need to get done, eventually, somehow -- it's still hard to trust that at some point before the paper's due, writing it will actually not feel like torture. Okay, I guess I did add some thoughts of my own. Whoops. But not too many.