Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, April 26, 2004

I want to plug a web site I just found. WhyNot.Net is a companion site to a book called "Why Not?" by Yale professors Barry Nalebuff and Ian Ayres that I've been meaning to read but haven't yet, but the site has a message board where people can post their ideas for little things that could improve life -- cancelable elevator buttons, alternate commentary tracks on TV sports games, TiVo for car radio, etc. Nalebuff co-wrote a book called "Thinking Strategically" with Princeton professor Avinash Dixit, who I took a class from my freshman year -- the book was really interesting (on game theory and that kind of stuff), so that's why "Why Not?" is on my to-read list... Nalebuff is also the co-founder of Honest Tea, which makes iced tea that isn't sickeningly sweet, and that I kind of like... and that I found cool when I first tried it and figured out it was the same guy who'd co-written the book I'd read. The site's fascinating. Just killed about a half hour of my afternoon reading. The book has moved up on my list of things to read.