Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, May 21, 2004

Billing time has been interesting so far. We bill in 6-minute increments (tenths of an hour) here. Not my time log, but we all can dream, can't we?

0.1 -- Adjusted my eyes to the light in the office (Nonbillable)
0.2 -- Read headlines on CNN.com (Nonbillable)
0.1 -- Daydreamed about stuff (Nonbillable)
0.1 -- Called partner who gave me assignment (Sort of billable?)
0.1 -- He didn't pick up his phone (Nonbillable)
0.2 -- Recorded timesheet for first 0.6 hours of the day (Nonbillable)
0.1 -- Went to bathroom, thought about case (Billable)
0.1 -- Washed my hands (Nonbillable)
0.1 -- Reviewed billable hours from yesterday (Nonbillable)
0.3 -- Proofread something I wrote yesterday (Billable)
0.3 -- Proofread it again (Billable)
0.3 -- Proofread it a third time (Billable)
0.3 -- Proofread my billable hours log (Nonbillable)
4.5 -- Lunch
0.2 -- Bathroom
0.4 -- Talk to other summer associates about lunch, compared notes, decided what restaurants to seek out in the near future
0.2 -- Bathroom
0.2 -- Bathroom
2.5 -- Lunch II
[end of day]