Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Greg has some advice about law school, framed as a comparison of law school and other grad schools. Aside from mentioning that it's somewhat school-specific -- the grading where he is sounds a lot rougher than the grading here, where you have to mess up to get a B-, and apparently be virtually comatose to get a C (I've heard of them existing, I've seen them on a grade distribution curve from a '98 exam -- barely -- but I haven't even ever heard anyone say they know of someone who knows someone who got one) -- there's not a ton I have to say, since I haven't been to any other kind of grad school besides this one. But I don't think law school is, or has to be, nearly as unpleasant as Greg makes it sound -- and maybe I'm spoiled because everyone here who wants a job gets one, and so I don't feel it's as competitive, and I don't feel like it's all that much different from undergrad in a lot of ways. More reading, less writing, don't fall too far behind on the reading, pray for a good day when you take the final... Greg's post makes it sound like grad school is very different from undergrad, with more group work, more "adults," more like work, a little bit, and less like school. Which is interesting, and may not actually be counter to my contention that law school and undergrad aren't horribly dissimilar. I don't know.