Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Look at The Cranky Critic's review of the new Ben Stiller / Jack Black movie "Envy." Now look at the Rotten Tomatoes page for it, which shows that TWO of 69 reviews for the movie are positive. The Cranky Critic, of all movie reviewers I've seen, the one I most consitstently either agree with or at least understand where he's coming from and can figure out from the review that even though he liked it/didn't like it, I'd probably not like it/like it. But he's in SUCH the minority on this one... so the question becomes: see the movie, or don't see the movie? (If I do want to see it, the next question is easier -- "not until finals are over")

I also want to see "Mean Girls", written by SNL's Tina Fey, and, even though it's a movie being marketed for teen girls, it still looks funny and interesting. I guess I don't know if I want to see this badly enough that I'll seek it out and won't just wait until it's out on DVD, but maybe. Anyone who sees it (or Envy) and wants to tell me if it's worth it, I'm happy to hear.