Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Okay, exam #2 is over. One more to go, and that's Tax, and it's tomorrow. 21 hours until I am finished for a while. Well, until Monday, when I start my summer gig, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here... still got to figure out what section 1045 recapture means. As I was walking over to pick up the exam this morning -- 8:30 this morning -- I passed about eight or ten different people, also on their way to get exams, all drinking Starbucks Frappucinos. At 8:30 in the morning. With the whip cream and caramel syrup and everything. Caffeinated breakfast of champions I guess. I had an Odwalla Carrot/Apple/Orange juice, which is awfully tasty, and a donut, which wasn't so much. That was my entire intake until I gave in the exam and went to grab a sandwich. At 10:30, 2 hours in, the fire alarm in my building went off. Again. (It went off last night too.) So I went to the library for the rest of the exam and did it there. Didn't notice much of a difference. 8-hour exams aren't any fun no matter where you take them.

Top Eleven Beverages of Choice (although not my choice) Preceding An 8-Hour-Exam

1. Starbucks Frappucino
2. Dunkin' Donuts Iced Latte
3. Red Bull
4. Protein Shake with Wheatgrass
5. Wheatgrass Shake with Protein
6. Mountain Dew with two tablespoons of sugar added
7. Mountain Dew Code Black
8. Mountain Dew flavored Starbucks Frappucino
9. Mountain Dew flavored Starbucks Frappucino mixed with Red Bull, extra whip cream
10. Cookie Dough (I'm stealing the joke from an old SNL commercial parody -- Cookie Dough as a sports drink.)
11. The Blood of a Young Child