Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Since my last post, I've changed cities. I'm in New York from now until Saturday, balancing studying with some more enjoyable stuff. The undergraduate theater group I was part of has its spring production this weekend, which two of my friends are directing; and one of them is in this off-Broadway production. With the first of those happening only this weekend and the second one closing this weekend -- and no reason why I can't study just as well at home as at school (well...) -- I thought it was well worth the trip.

Also just wanted to acknowledge my friend and colleague Adam White's announcement of the hopefully-temporary end of his blogging days, due to a clerkship, and a wedding (one sounds like more fun than the other). If you haven't been reading him at White Noize, Ex Parte, or Southern Appeal, well, it's too late now. Although there are archives.

On the bus ride from Boston this afternoon, I balanced my Tax studying with the New Yorker's humor issue, which had been sitting on my shelf for a couple of weeks begging to be read. If you haven't read it, look for it -- it's worth it. Interesting articles on Aaron McGruder, creator of a comic strip called "Boondocks," Hallmark greeting card writers, politicians trying to be funny, The Farrelly Brothers' modern adaptation of the Three Stooges shorts, the lives of just-starting-out stand-up comedians in New York, and some other pieces which I liked less than these (or, heaven forbid, read the first couple of paragraphs and then skipped past) so I won't mention them. I flagged a page that mentioned that some of the best sellers among Hallmark cards are those that come from lots of people -- "Happy Mother's Day from the two of us," "Happy Birthday from the whole family," "Happy Anniversary from your husband and a bunch of his friends," etc. -- which gives me an idea for something, but I'll let it percolate for a day or two and see what happens.