Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Some days the world seems filled with opportunities. But some days you just can't get yourself doing much of anything. I don't mean can't-get-out-of-bed-sounds-like-you-need-to-see-a-head-doctor can't do much of anything, but just an eat breakfast, surf the Internet and set my fantasy team lineups, shower, send some e-mail, go out to lunch, go to the supermarket, fiddle around with a DVD, write the first verse of a song I'll probably never finish, fold some laundry, watch a few innings of the Mets game, read a half a magazine, make a list of what I'm doing this week, make some plans for tomorrow, fiddle around with an uninspired weblog post, and, oops, it's nighttime kind of day. A where-did-the-day-go kind of day. A boy-I-didn't-get-anything-useful-done kind of day. And maybe doing nothing is useful. But I somehow feel like this world filled with opportunities only gets scarier if I go to sleep no closer to any of those opportunities than I was when I woke up. And I don't even know what I really mean by opportunities. Like I said, some days the world seems filled with opportunities. Of all sorts. But then sometimes I'm just, I don't know, uninspired to go find them. Just for a day. I guess we all have these days. I don't even know what I'm talking about at this point. I just felt like I ought to write something and post it. And now, even though I have an idea for a post that I'm going to write, I hate deleting stuff, so here you go. Rambling without nouns. Oh boy.