Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, June 25, 2004

Last night, the whole firm had an event -- summer associates, associates, support staff, their families, everyone. It was very nice, lots of food, lots of stuff for people's kids to do. One of the things they had was a fortune teller. Now, maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine the fortune teller job at a law firm event is all that difficult. I mean, I could do this job, and I have no special fortune-telling gifts:

>"You will stay late at the office tomorrow."
>"You will work at some point this weekend, or some weekend in the near future."
>"You will check your Blackberry sometime within the next five minutes."
>"You will use one or more legal research services in the near future."
>"You will purchase some new business casual attire."
>"Your vacation will be in danger of being cancelled, but providence will be on your side and it will take place as planned, despite the nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you ought to be at work."
>"Your clients will settle soon."
>"Your salary will soon rise in a stepladder increment."