Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Someone found this site by searching on Google for "Ryan Seacrest internships." Sorry. None here. And not sure really what you want to do for Ryan Seacrest. Style his hair?

I wrote the other day before our trip to the Culinary Institute as a summer associate event, but didn't say anything about it afterwards, mostly because the food wasn't that good, and I didn't really think about it. But I've had a request for more about it, so I'll see what I can do. Notes on the culinary institute:

(1) They gave out paper chef's hats. On the way out, I noticed they sell the hats. These hats should maybe sell for $2. Maybe. They sell them for $15. Crazy people, these culinary institute people.

(2) So they served us some appetizers, and then ushered us into some rooms where we were split up to prepare dinner. I ended up having to squirt pesto from a tube into a hole they made inside raw chicken breasts. This is as foul (I mean fowl) as it sounds. Other people got to put strawberries in a blender. How I ended up with my job is just the luck of the draw.

(3) The meal took a long, long time and wasn't particularly good. The event was ok fun, not great fun, but ok fun. I wouldn't hire someone from the culinary institute if I was opening a restaurant though. Sorry.