Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

It's actually about 1:45 on Sunday morning (Saturday night) but I'm back-dating because no one really reads this between midnight and 2 a.m. on Saturday night, plus I'm admitting what I'm doing, so I figure it's excusable. We had an all-day law firm social event that involved a wine tasting and a vineyard and then a hanging out / eating lots of food afternoon and evening.

Discoveries:

1. There is this weird thing called "ice wine," made out of frozen grapes, that has the consistency of maple syrup and tastes really, really terrible. Even if someone charges like $35 for a bottle of it. I don't drink very much at all, so maybe I'm just missing the point of this thing. But I really just didn't get it.

2. There are lots of ways to grow grapes. They showed us 8 different ways. You don't want more details than that, trust me. Although if you're having trouble sleeping....

3. Sunscreen: good invention. I'm glad I remembered to bring it.

4. Water: good invention. Although it makes you pee a lot.

5. Food: good invention. Although sometimes enough is enough and it just gets silly.

6. There is a company called "Rent A Tent" and they do exactly what it sounds like. Do people grow up dreaming of being in the tent rental business?

7. Glassware + Pool = Broken Glass + Bare Feet. Just a cautionary note. I actually don't think there were any incidents. But I could imagine one.

8. "Rent A Tent." Really. I can't get over that one.