Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, July 30, 2004

The Mets just traded their future for two mediocre starting pitchers who will help them finish in fourth place this year. Ridiculous. They traded their top pitching prospect (Scott Kazmir), their top hitting prospect (Justin Huber), a solid utility infielder (Ty Wigginton), a solid pitching prospect (Matt Peterson), and some guy I never heard of but based on the rest of this is probably the next Roger Clemens (Jose Diaz) for Kris Benson and Victor Zambrano, who are just not that good. It is mind-boggling why the Mets would do this. Mind-boggling. It would be like trading your three-year-old child for a parakeet. It doesn't make any sense. So I'm now taking suggestions on what team to root for instead, because I'm not watching any more Mets games. I want a team with upside. The Padres are my first thought. Maybe the Twins or the Indians. Anyone have any suggestions? Tell me why I should join your bandwagon. Really, I'm shopping for a new team. Heck, it doesn't even need to be a baseball team. I'll root for the Liberty instead. The Mets don't deserve to win another game, ever.