Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Is it real, or am I making it up?

Three of the following lines are real excerpts from the Bush twins' speech last night at the convention. Three of them are not. Can you tell which are which?

"We spent the last four years trying to stay out of the spotlight. Sometimes we did a little better than others. We kept trying to explain to Dad that when we were young and irresponsible. Well, we were young and irresponsible."

"But when Dad made his world-famous chili last July 4th, I told him: 'Now that's a weapon of mass destruction!'"

"We realized that this would be his last campaign, and we wanted to be a part of it. Besides, since we've graduated from college, we're looking around for something to do for the next few years ... kind of like Dad."

"Dad got all of his friends to take turns testifying on our behalf at the juvenile delinquency hearings. So what's this they say about him not being able to build a coalition?"

"So I knew I wasn't quite ready to be President - but #2 sounded good - who is this man they call Dick Cheney?"

"And, finally, to all of the John Kerry supporters watching tonight, I have just one thing to say. [Jenna sticks out her tongue.]"