Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, September 24, 2004

The laundry problem that has vexed mankind (or maybe just me) for generations (or maybe just since I started doing my own laundry, which would be... last week... naw, a bunch of years now, probably coming up on nearly a decade). Anyway. So there's the fitted sheet. And something always gets caught up in the elastic part of the fitted sheet, like the other sheet, or a shirt, or a bucketful of socks. No matter how much attention I pay in the transition from washer to dryer, something ends up there. And gets all balled up and doesn't end up dry. And what do you do with the one wet t-shirt that comes out of the dryer? You don't want to put it in the drawer with the dry things. I sometimes just put it back in the laundry bag for next time, but that seems like a lazy and pathetic solution. So what I want to know is how to avoid the problem in the first place. Is there a special magic word I can say before I put the dryer on? Do they sell anti-fitted-sheet-capture tablets? What's the secret???