Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Notes on being back at school:

1. If you sublet an apartment for the summer, please don't leave food in the refrigerator. Especially not weird food, like a tupperware container with some sort of cabbage and tofu stew inside, or at least that's what it looked like. Also half-empty jars of pickles, loose unwrapped sticks of butter, or some raw meat in the freezer. Also, don't turn the thermostat up to 90.

2. The renovated student center is reasonably nice, it looks like. New mailboxes, everything's clean, not blowing me away, but a totally reasonable renovation.

3. One of my classes has no books in the bookstore, and no packets in the place we get reading packets. Hmmm.

4. I forgot I'd left some clothes here, and so now I have marginally too many shirts and stuff like that. I forgot I'd brought my towels home, so now I have one. I seem to have left a CD in the discman I left at home, but brought the case. I have a random wire that doesn't seem to belong to anything electronic I have. I can't remember which set of sheets I stripped from the bed the day I left and threw in my closet, and which set is clean. I have no idea what happened to the 50+ garbage bags I thought I had (but maybe I was wrong). I have no idea why I kept my Tax reading packet and didn't just toss it last spring, but it's tossed now.

5. The 1L facebook is always an interesting read. Aside from people I've exchanged e-mails with because of the weblog, and 1 person I know I was in a class with during undergrad but I'm sure she has no idea who I am, I don't know any 1Ls. I thought perhaps I'd randomly know one or two, just from somewhere, but I guess not.

More on the 1L facebook in a subsequent post.