Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

This is fascinating if you like baseball, or you like books, and not necessarily both. It's a piece by ESPN's Rob Neyer about a review he posted on Amazon of a book he didn't like, and the aftermath of it. It's like the dark underbelly of the Amazon review system, combined with the dark underbelly of the Newsday sports section, combined with the dark underbelly of the author of what's apparently a pretty crappy new baseball book. Rob Neyer is on the short list of writers who it actually makes me excited to see they've written more stuff I can read. Him, Bill Bryson, Paul Collins, and if I expand to TV stuff, Aaron Sorkin and perhaps Greg Berlanti, who created Everwood and now that new WB show Jack & Bobby that I wrote about last week, but he also worked on Dawson's Creek, and so I'm reluctant to really put him on this list. I'm sure there are a few more, but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.