Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

I just saw a commercial for the upcoming reality show, "Big Fat Loser," where fat people try to lose weight, but are steered off course with the temptation of fattening foods. This seems particularly cruel.

My pitch for the next step after Big Fat Loser? An exciting new reality show where pregnant women are tempted with alcohol. This is where we're headed, right? How about poor people being tempted with money covered in a virus that will make them violently ill? Or sick people tempted with cures where the only downside is that their entire family dies?

Reality TV. Wow.