Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

I saw Scott Turow speak tonight about the death penalty. It was not that interesting. He has a new book about the death penalty. I hope it's more interesting than his speech. Left in the middle.

Imaginary Q: "Wait a minute. I go to Harvard too. Scott Turow wasn't there tonight."

A: "That's right. I'm visiting a friend somewhere this weekend, and since I only have classes on Mondays and Tuesdays, it's already weekend. People with too much time on their hands can probably figure out where. It doesn't really matter where, though. The only point of my post was that Scott Turow's speech wasn't that interesting and I left in the middle."

Imaginary Q: "So that's all you have to write today?"

A: "I don't know. Let's see..."

Eight playoff or debate matchups not happening tomorrow night, but close

1. New York Yankees v. Boston Red Sox
2. New York Yankees v. John Kerry
3. George W. Bush v. Minnesota Twins
4. John Edwards v. John Kerry
5. Dick Cheney v. Atlanta Braves
6. Bruce Babbitt v. Homestead Grays
7. San Francisco 49ers v. Elbridge Gerry
8. George W. Bush v. Washington Senator (uh... wait...)