Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Next week is our flyout week, when 2Ls do their callback interviews. And so 2Ls and 3Ls don't have classes. So it's a week off.

I'm lucky enough to have a friend who's studying in London for the year, and so I found a cheap flight and I'm going to visit, since when else will I know someone in London, and have a week off to play with? I'm leaving this Thursday, and I'll be back next Wednesday. We've been e-mailing without any noticeable access difficulties on his part, so he's apparently got decent Internet availability, so I should be able to post stuff -- and it's super-fun to write about weird stuff in foreign places anyway (see my Paris posts from last December), and gives me a reason to keep my eyes open.

So that's what's on deck. A favor: tell me what to see and do. No concrete plans right now. I've heard good things about the Indian food, a street with cool old bookshops that I can't remember the name of, and this big clock people keep talking about. :) Also a suggestion that we take the bus to Oxford and wander around there, since it's cool. But I have no real clue beyond that, and haven't read the London guidebook yet that I bought for $2 off Amazon used. So I'm eager for suggestions. Assume I'm relatively poor, and not a huge fan of old paintings (although other art is cool sometimes). Anyone who e-mails me a suggestion gets a postcard. (I just came up with that idea! Not bad, eh?)