Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

The New York Times Magazine has an interesting article about Nalgene water bottles, even though the only time I'll ever carry around a water bottle is perhaps if I randomly find myself hiking into the woods. I have nothing against people who do carry around their own water, and recognize it's money-saving -- and hydrating! -- in lots of instances, but it just seems like one more thing -- and a heavy and bulky thing at that! -- to carry around. A cell phone is enough. But the article's interesting.

Also, The Ethicist says it's not polite to use cell phones on the $10 (now raised to $15, which means there's at least a few month delay between when he gets his questions to when they get published -- the price went up over the summer sometime) Chinatown bus from NY to Boston. I actually have much less of a problem with the bus passengers who won't get off their cell phones than with the ones sneezing and/or coughing. I feel very much annoyed when I get on a bus and there's someone near me who seems like he or she is going to make me sick.

Also -- good issue this week -- articles about Teenagers using anti-depressants, and the last days of the Kerry campaign that I haven't read yet, but will right after I post this. :)