Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

The response to yesterday's post was gratifying. Thanks. I got about ten e-mails, all of which I'll respond to soon. There's a baseball weblog I read pretty often, and the author gets more readers than I do, but not a ton more, maybe 30% more, and he's said a number of times that he doesn't reply to all of his e-mail. That doesn't seem right. Someone takes the time to write to you, because the words you've written have somehow struck a chord or made someone angry or just made someone feel something -- they deserve a reply, and, at least for me, I want to reply. It's one of the things that makes this weblog stuff cool. It's part of why I don't have comments enabled. I think comments encourage a different kind of interaction, and discourage the more personal interaction that e-mails enable. But this is a digression. Just wanted to say thanks.