Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

I feel kind of terrible today. I think it's just a cold, hopefully. It's keeping me from doing much of anything. Along with some Tylenol and Robitussin (I haven't gotten sick in a while -- I had nothing in my apartment to deal with this stuff at all), I bought a product this morning called Zicam Cold Remedy Chewables ($8.99). I'm convinced this is some sort of joke on the congested humanity. It says "actually shortens the cold" and claims to be these strawberry flavored chewables, powered by zinc, that you chew every three hours and they make you better. I've tried two of them so far. I'm completely unable to chew these things for more than fifteen seconds without gagging and having to spit it out. They're so horribly unpleasant. There's no "strawberry" flavor discernible, and the texture is simply not similar to any food item I've ever encountered. They're bizarrely unpalatable. I try to keep chewing, but I just can't. It says "satisfaction guaranteed" on the package. I'm going to test that proposal. I just sent them an e-mail. I'll let you know if they reply.

Hopefully something funny later.