Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

I saw the movie "The Woodsman" on Friday night, which was called "the feel-good movie of the year" by the National Association of Pedophiles. Kevin Bacon plays a guy who molests young girls. His real-life wife plays a woman who decides it's a good idea to get romantically involved with a child molester. And the Gods of Contrived Moviemaking decide it's totally legitimate that a child molester just out of prison should be allowed to live right across the street from an elementary school. Kevin Bacon did a fine job acting -- or, alternatively, he's actually a child molester. The movie was disturbing. I like movies about happy things. This wasn't one of them.