Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, January 28, 2005

To the tune of "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls

Yo, I'll tell you what I got, what I really really got,
So tell me what you got, what you really really got,
I'll tell you what I got, what I really really got,
So tell me what you got, what you really really got,
I got a, I got a, I got a, I got a, I got a B in legal research and an A in fed courts.

If you tell me your grades, I'll tell you mine
I did somewhere in between okay and fine
Will you be clerking, or at a firm
Did you hear that one prof gave all A's this term

I'll tell you what I got, what I really really got, So tell me what you got, what you really really got, I got a, I got a, I got a, I got a, I got a B in corporations and an A in fed lit.

If you wanna get a clerkship, you gotta get only A's,
One B-plus is fatal, living barely pays
If you wanna clerk for Breyer, hope A-plus is all
One A-minus and your dreams are gonna fall.

What do you think about Torts, now you know how I feel,
Say you can handle that test, are you for real,
I'll write a paper, easy A instead
If I get a B I may as well be dead

Yo I'll tell you what I got, what I really really got, So tell me what you got, what you really really got, I got a, I got a, I got a, I got a, I got a B in mediation and an A in crim pro.

If you wanna teach at law school, you gotta get only A's,
One B means you ought to set yourself ablaze
If you wanna clerk for Posner, you have got to try
One okay semester, and you may as well die

So here's a story from A to B, you wanna nice degree you gotta listen carefully, You got A's in the course bout children and divorce, you did better than me I fumbled an Easy B didn't come for free, stole an answer key, and now they're coming after me, Grades are coming soon, I'm checking them at noon
Grades are coming soon, I'm checking them at noon

If you wanna get a clerkship, you gotta get only A's,
One B-plus is fatal, living barely pays
If you wanna clerk for Breyer, hope A-plus is all
One A-minus and your dreams are gonna fall.