Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Thought I could get 800 words out of 1Ls getting grades. Doesn't look like it'll happen. Here's all I've got so far.

The one (and only) downside of online grades is that you can't throw them out. You can't crumple the paper, for dramatic effect, and slam it into a garbage can. You can't shred it. You can't light it on fire. I mean, you could light your computer on fire, I suppose, but that would be a mess, and expensive, and the grades are still out there even if your computer turns into a pile of ashes. So this is why I feel bad for the 1Ls, who now have a set of grades and no way to dispose of them. They're online. They're forever. But they're all the same anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Gonna try a new topic. :)