Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Some music recommendations I got from my post about Keane the other day.

Stuff people recommended that, after listening to a couple of songs, I like:

--Josh Rouse (I'd heard a bunch of his stuff before. I think he's really, really quite good. He has a cool album, 1972, that has some throwback pop, and his new album, Nashville, is cool too.)
--The New Amsterdams (Had never heard of them before, but really liked some of the stuff I listened to. "Hanging on for Hope" is a nice song.)
--Joseph Arthur ("Honey and the Moon" was cool. Some of his stuff is a little slow.)
--Death Cab for Cutie (some nice ambient stuff; "Expo '86" is cool.)

Stuff people recommended that, after listening to a couple of songs, I'm not really that excited about:

--Afghan Whigs
--Interpol
--Grandaddy