Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

I caught the last 5 minutes of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" earlier tonight. This show is terrible. I mean, it's great for the people whose homes they make over, but it's not good television. They apparently spent the hour redesigning a home for a woman and her two sons, and then at the end they told the mother they set up a college fund for her two sons. Cutaway to one of the sons, talking to the camera:

"Now I finally know the real meaning of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

What????

If you're going to make the participants plug the show on camera, at least give it a less clunky name that makes sense. "Now I finally know the real meaning of 'Redesigning Your Life'" would be moronic, but at least it would make sense. "Now I finally know the real meaning of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," especially as said by a 12-year-old, is just ridiculous.