Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Just saw Wrigley Field. They were mowing the grass in preparation for the baseball season, people moving stuff around in trucks, etc. There were a bunch of people standing by one of the gates, and they let us inside for a few minutes to look around, which was cool. Walked around downtown earlier today, took the subway, saw the river and the area where the museums are.

Last night I saw a dress rehearsal of the Northwestern law school parody show, which one of my friends is in (Hi, Jessica). It was cool to see another school's version; they parodied a couple of the same songs that we did or have recently, but with different topics.

Good: Chicago-style hot dog
Bad: Chicago-style thunderstorm

Walked part of the "Magnificent Mile" yesterday, which is really just like someone shook a big shopping mall until all of the stores fell out. It's just chain stores, there's nothing special about it. Not enough local character. I guess. Maybe all cities are like this.

Some thoughts for posts that I can't really write from an Internet cafe, at a nickel a minute:
>>Hanging out with lawyers vs. non-lawyers
>>What makes one city cooler than another city
>>More about the Chicago-style hot dog, and perhaps about Chicago-style pizza

Tonight I'm going to see a concert -- Josh Rouse, whose music I downloaded a little while ago off a reader recommendation, and was pretty cool. Should be fun.