Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, May 30, 2005

"So now that you're not in law school anymore, what's your weblog going to be about? I mean, it wasn't really about the law anyway, but at least there was some sort of hook there, and now you don't really have that, so what's it gonna be? Ideally, you could come up with something that would keep your current readers and also get a whole set of new readers interested in whatever that thin strand of connection would be, but regardless, don't you need some sort of plan just so you're not aimlessly writing about whatever comes into your head?"

I've gotten a version of that question a bunch of times in the past few days. I have some thoughts but no real answers yet. But I figured I'd throw this out there and see if anyone else has any thoughts. Is this still interesting to anyone? What can make it more interesting? How can I keep myself interested but also keep you interested? Am I doing okay with that lately, or not so well? Do you want more focus, less focus, any thoughts? Obviously a lot of what I write here is going to be shaped by what's shaped it all along -- whatever random stuff I'm thinking about. But I don't entirely write for myself. It's rewarding to feel like I'm writing for an audience. If I knew you wanted more song parodies, that would motivate me to write them. And if I knew you didn't, I probably wouldn't. No pressure here -- this isn't a "tell me you want me to keep writing or I'm threatening to stop" kind of post. That's not what I'm getting at. I'm just trying to see if there's any feedback I can mix with the thoughts in my own head and maybe it'll trigger some grand vision of what can make this be really awesome despite (or because) being done with law school.