Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Yikes. According to the NY Times, parents treat pretty children better than ugly ones. Similarly, I wonder if law professors call on the ugly students more often, or less often. Is "treating better" in a Socratic class mean leaving you alone, or urging you to talk. Weird article. Doesn't say who decided if the kids were ugly or pretty. If it was their parents making the call then the results make a lot of sense. Any parent calling their kid ugly probably wouldn't be treating them so well, I'd guess. If it was the researcher, how do we know he/she was right? I mean, to some degree it's pretty objective, but not completely...