Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Earlier today I was in Chinatown and got ice cream at the "Chinatown Ice Cream Factory." The ice cream was good, but what was interesting was the paper menu I grabbed on the way out. There are two columns, "regular flavors" and "exotic flavors." Let's try a quick quiz. Guess whether the following flavors are listed as "regular" or "exotic" --

1. Black Sesame
2. Vanilla
3. Taro (Potato-like)
4. Chocolate
5. Avocado
6. Mint Chip
7. Wasabi
8. Strawberry
9. Ube
10. Chocolate Chip

1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 are "regular" flavors.
2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 are "exotic" flavors.

Vanilla is exotic. Chocolate is exotic. Wasabi is regular. Betcha only guessed right because otherwise this post would obviously have no point.

I don't have a clue what "Ube" is. Not even a guess.

I had the Avocado ice cream, which was much better than it sounds. It was really good, actually.