Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I saw HDTV for the first time tonight, at a friend's apartment. Wow. Amazing. After two minutes of HDTV basketball, we switched back to normal TV and it was like we were transported back to the 1950s. It's really that different. You can see the individual beads of sweat. You can read the tattoos. You can see what they ate for dinner, caught in between their teeth. It feels like computer-generated action figures. A commercial with a stream of water looked like it was going to pour out of the screen into his living room. I'm now going to be unable to watch regular TV without realizing how crappy it is. You will be spoiled instantly if you see HDTV. It's so much more of a difference than I ever would have thought. Too bad HDTVs cost so much. Because it's really cool. Unbelievably cool. And I don't get excited about electronic stuff usually. But, wow.