Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I saw two shows tonight and really liked them both. Saw "Rival" at the People's Improv Theater, a sketch/improv show performed by Ellie Kemper and Scott Eckert. I know them, so it's not an entirely unbiased recommendation, but I wouldn't be recommending it if it hadn't been funny. Ellie is one of the funniest people I know, especially when you put her on a stage. In undergrad, I would be very very happy when she was cast in one of my pieces, and very very sad when she wasn't. Just don't sit in the front row or you may find yourself hit by broken glass.

Then I saw Freckles Gets a Beating, a longform improv show that worked really well and was really funny. All six performers were really good, and they seemed really comfortable with each other and able to get inside each other's heads. It was as good as I've seen improv be. Very funny.