Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Because I have no willpower, I caught the premiere episode of the current season of The Real World on MTV the other day, one of the seventy or eighty times they aired it during the week. In the episode, one of the cast members gets drunk and gets beaten up by some people in the street, fracturing his eye socket. As I was watching, I couldn't help but wonder why the MTV production staff didn't intervene to stop the fight, or something like that. I know it's a documentary, but it's not like it's really a documentary. It's contrived and there's no real value in letting people get injured, at least not that I can come up with. So I just found this newspaper column that agrees with me.

I also caught the last half of episode #2 last night. Thankfully, it was boring, and I'm not compelled to keep watching. Thankfully.