Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I bought an awesome CD yesterday. The Broadway composer Jason Robert Brown came out with a disc where he sings some of his material, some from shows he's written and some new stuff. Amazon's got it here. There's some real masterpieces on here. I'm blown away. I don't know what it is. He's created some really wonderful songs -- lyrically, musically, vocally. "Someone to Fall Back On" and "Nothing In Common" should find their way into the catalog of songs that get sung fifty years from now. They're brilliant. I've heard most of his Broadway music, although I never saw any of his shows. He's somehow able to bridge the gap between "musical" music and pop music. And he plays a mean piano. Good stuff.

I mean, not if your musical tastes run toward 50 Cent, probably not your thing. But who knows.