Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I saw the movie "Proof" last night and really liked it. I didn't see the play it's based on, but that's supposed to be pretty awesome. The movie was solid. It's about a mathematician who loses his mind, and his daughter struggling to cope, and her fight not to lose her mind like he lost his. All the performances, I thought, were really good -- Gwyneth Paltrow, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anthony Hopkins, and Hope Davis. Anyway, Proof's an intelligent movie and definitely worth seeing. One of the best things I've seen this year, for sure -- although I haven't seen a ton of movies this year, so I'm not sure how much that's really saying.

I also just watched the season premiere of "The Office," which was funnier than I remember last season's episodes being. And the other day I saw "Everybody Loves Chris," the new sitcom with Chris Rock as narrator, and that was pretty good too.