Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Apologies for no posts the past few days. I just sent my editor a bunch of new book pages. That's not an excuse, just an explanation. And not even a good one, because of course I had time to post, I just didn't have much to say. Angels were robbed the other night with that dropped third strike call, but I didn't have anything interesting to say about that. I have a list of news-relevant Halloween costumes I'm working on, but I've only thought of 2 so far, and want to have a list of ten. But that'll come to me with some thinking this weekend I think. And then yesterday was Yom Kippur, and so I was busy atoning.

There's a bizarre story in The NY Daily News about the mTV show, "Date My Mom" --

A Russian mother-daughter team is suing the Viacom subsidiary for "emotional distress" allegedly caused by a case of miscommunication on the popular reality show "Date My Mom" - in which a male contestant chooses a daughter to date, based on her mother's sales pitch.

Fortysomething movie producer Irina Stemer and her 19-year-old daughter, Anastasia Camras, appeared on the June 23 episode. Speaking Russian, their lawsuit alleges, Stemer told potential suitor Jorgen Sampson: "My daughter has a very big heart."

But according to court documents obtained by the Daily News' Michelle Caruso, MTV's English subtitles translated: "Jorgen, there is no better piece of a- than my princess Anastasia."

Reality TV. Wow.