Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Flight back to New York was good. But one observation: I noticed as we were taxiing before takeoff that Air Canada seems to have a discount airline called Jazz. The name is plastered in big letters on the side of its planes. I think Jazz is actually a pretty terrible name for an airline. Jazz is everything I want my airline experience not to be. Jazz is improvised, loose, unpredictable, driven by virtuoso performances... great for music, bad for air travel. I want my flight to be more like a boy band song: predictable, perhaps generated by a computer algorithm, inoffensive, safe for children, and three-and-a-half minutes long. Not jazz. Definitely not jazz.