Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

I have a bizarre request. I'm looking for an articulate and angry lawyer to let me buy you lunch and listen to you vent a little bit. I'm looking for someone at a law firm, and frustrated, who doesn't know if it's really the life he or she wants to be living.

I can't think of a better way to do this than to just try putting this post out there and seeing if anyone e-mails me. Obviously this is book-related. I'm just trying to get a feel for some real anger that may or may not be out there. It's hard, in a way, because a lot of the emotions I felt last summer aren't at the forefront anymore. I'm not at a law firm. I know people who enjoy their law firm jobs. It's not for everyone, but I think there a lot of places that aren't evil, and people who aren't evil, and that it's a perfectly reasonable choice for a lot of law students. My recent posts filled with e-mails I didn't write are evidence of that. People feel all sorts of ways.

Okay, so if you're in New York and angry and willing to let me buy you lunch, send me an e-mail... and you can do it through an anonymous account if you want, and not tell me any details about where you work, if that'll make you feel better... that's not a problem at all.